Webinar: Numbers matter – Coronavirus in the UK and US. What we know and what happens next
Date: Thursday 4 June 2020
Time: 3.00pm – 5.00pm BST (10.00am – 12.00pm EDT)
This webinar was co-hosted with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
The UK and the US have been heavily impacted by the coronavirus. But how many people have been affected? And what happens next?
Through this webinar, expert actuaries highlighted how COVID-19 has directly and indirectly impacted on death rates in America and the UK. We learned who has been most susceptible to infection and death as well as what happens next.
Chair: Trevor Llanwarne, ILC Trustee
- Stuart McDonald, Lloyds Banking Group
- Caroline Roberts, The Phoenix Group
- Douglas Anderson, Club Vita
- Anna M. Rappaport, Society of Actuaries Aging and Retirement Steering Committee
- Max Rudolph, Rudolph Financial Consulting
- Ed Pudlowski, MorningStar Actuarial Consulting
We debated how the coronavirus may have impacted on longevity, retirement income and care. We considered what the impact may be for demand for financial services products and what the industry may need to do to meet these demands.
This webinar is made possible by the ILC Partners Programme. For information on members or joining, see here.
You can download the slides and watch the recording of the webinar below: