Webinar: The vulnerability challenge – Supporting vulnerable consumers’ financial wellbeing in the coronavirus pandemic
Date: Thursday, 21 May 2020
Time: 2.30pm – 4.00pm BST (9.30am – 11.00am EDT)
Research by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) suggests that half of UK consumers – more than 25 million people – currently show “one or more characteristics of potential vulnerability”. In an ageing society, more and more of us are likely to become vulnerable consumers, even if just temporarily.
In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, this webinar explored how financial services firms and advisers have responded to the crisis and what more can be done to support vulnerable consumers in these challenging times, from preventing pension scams to managing money and giving advice to those who need it most.
- Grant Hughes, Director of Advice, Legal & General
- Karen Brolly, Head of Products, Hymans Robertson
- Martin Lines, Business Development Director, Just Group
- Tish Hanifan, Founder and Joint Chair, Society of Later Life Advisers
- Shayne Halfpenny-Ray, Policy and Public Affairs Advisor, Chartered Insurance Institute
- Nigel Waterson, ILC Trustee
This webinar was made possible through the ILC Partners Programme. Find out more about how you can work with us.
You can watch the full recording of the webinar here.
The slides from the webinar are available to view and download below: