Webinar: Why is longevity important to business? Meet the ILC Partners
Date: Thursday 17 September 2020
Time: 2.30pm – 4.00pm BST (9.30am – 11.00am EDT)
Longevity will have a significant impact on business.
54p in every pound spent in the UK economy is spent by people aged 50 and over, amounting to £319bn every year.
An ageing workforce, extended working lives and possible skills shortages may all offer opportunities and threats to the long-term sustainability of many businesses.
If business can respond to this demographic change, we may be able to unlock a significant longevity dividend. In this webinar, ILC Partners set out why longevity matters to them. We explored:
- How businesses (from financial services and consulting, to housing and care) are responding to the opportunities and challenges of longevity;
- The challenges of working through, and planning beyond, COVID-19;
- How businesses can be supported in adapting to change – What learnings can we take from our Partners working alongside us in the ageing sector?;
- How can business work with government and international policy organisations to embrace demographic change and benefit from longevity?
The panellists representing our Partners Programme included:
- Martin Jones, CEO at Home Instead Senior Care
- Mary Bright, Corporate Affairs Manager and Special Advisor on Age at Phoenix Group
- Shaun Crawford, Global Vice Chair, Industry at EY
- Harriet Dunstan, Head of Marketing at Audley Group
- Dr Emily Andrews, Senior Evidence Manager at Centre for Ageing Better
- Richard Purcell, Insurance Innovation Lead at Hymans Robertson
You can download the slides and see the full recording of the webinar below.