The Future of Ageing Conference
Feb 5, 2018 | NEWS
Thursday, 29 November 2018
09:00 – 18:00 (approx.)
Copthorne Tara Hotel London, Scarsdale Pl, Kensington, London W8 5SY
We will be holding our 4th annual Future of Ageing Conference on Thursday 29th November.
Our Future of Ageing conference have been growing each year with the 2017 Conference seeing over 40 speakers, including Dr Pol Vandenbroucke (Vice President Medical Strategy, Pﬁzer), John McTernan (Senior Vice President, PSB & Former Political Secretary to Tony Blair), Dr Eileen Burns (President, British Geriatrics Society) and Dr Anna Dixon (Chief Executive, Centre for Ageing Better), and with a focus on a variety of important issues:
- How can we maximise the Economic Contribution of older people?
- Whether Anti-microbial resistance is a threat to longevity – and what can we do about it?
- Whether the future will be less of more ageist?
- How can the housing industry innovate for tomorrow’s older consumers?
- How can we save the NHS?
- Are there more inequalities in a world of austerity?
- Filling the skills gaps: Migration, more older workers, or both?
- Can we automate care?
- Can technology drive innovation in pensions, health and care?
- The future of the end: Living forever or dying in style
Confirmed Keynote Presentations
- Professor Malcolm Grant, Chair, NHS England
- Caroline Dinenage MP, Minister of State for Care
- Åse Michaelsen, Minister for the Elderly and Public Health, Norway
- Michael Kreft von Byern, Europa Park
- Penny Mordaunt MP, Secretary of State for International Development and Minister for Women and Equalities (by video)
Confirmed Plenary Debates
- The Future of Poverty: Baroness Lister; Dr Paul Dornan; Ashwin Kumar
- EY Sponsored Plenary Debate: How will data drive the scientific and innovation agenda for ageing? Daniel Matthews; George Freeman MP; Dr Michael Greenberg.
- Will the robots steal our jobs? Caroline Waters, Professor Andrew Scott.
- How can we engage young people in politics/society in an ageing world? Femi Oluwole; Professor Philip Cowley; Marie Le Conte; Dr Jeannie Bristow
- What is the best way of paying for ageing? Norma Cohen; RT Hon Damian Green MP; Jolyon Maugham QC; Anita Charlesworth
- How can we best prevent ill health in old age? Professor David Bloom; Sally Bowell; Louise AnsarI
- Should we play more in old age? Janet Morrison; Paul Cann; Ben Spencer
- Is the social care green paper good for the future of housing and care? Caroline Abrahams; John Godfrey; Gary Day; Nick Sanderson
- Should we automate financial advice? Tim Fassam; Michelle Cracknell; Anna Wallace
- During one workshop session we will be running a Menopause Café.
Buy a ticket here.
We have a range of sponsorship, advertising and promotional opportunities to suit your company’s objectives and budget. Our team are dedicated to understanding your aims and will help to put together a bespoke package to suit your needs.
Please contact Lyndsey Mitchell on 0207 340 0440 or email@example.com for more information.
Previous sponsors include: McCarthy & Stone, EY, Drink Wise Age Well, Partnership and Partnership for Change