The Future of Ageing, an ILC-UK Conference
Nov 29, 2017 | EVENT
Our third annual Future of Ageing Conference will be held in Central London on Wednesday, 29 November 2017.
Registration information and further details will be available here shortly, so do please check back regularly. We will also update this page with the latest news on keynote speakers for the third annual Future of Ageing Conference,
For information about previous ILC-UK Future of Ageing Conferences, please see below.
Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 09:00 (for a 09:30 start) – 16:50; Central Hall Westminster, Storey’s Gate, London, SW1H 9NH
On Wednesday 9 November 2016, we held our second annual International Longevity Centre – UK (ILC-UK) Future of Ageing conference in Westminster, London.
We are grateful to McCarthy & Stone for their sponsorship of the conference.
A full agenda from the day is available to view at the bottom of this page.
We welcomed over 180 delegates at our second annual Future of Ageing conference, made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
Our first conference, described by one delegate as ‘one of the best conferences I have ever attended’, was held in November 2015. The conference assembled experts from the fields of health, housing, finance and business to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by an ageing society. The Future of Ageing 2015 sold out weeks ahead of the event.
Speakers for the 2016 Future of Ageing conference included:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- Ben Franklin, Head of Economics of an Ageing Society, ILC-UK
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dwayne Johnson, Director of Social Care and Health at Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
- Health and social care professionals
- Pension and investment fund managers
- Local authority officers: Service Commissioners, Housing Officers and Public Health teams
- Charity sector representatives
- Business leaders
- Civil servants working across health, social care, housing and planning, pensions, personal finance and transport
- Gerontologists, sociologists and other academics with an interest in the implications of our rapidly ageing society
- Senior journalists: Finance, social affairs, consumer affairs and political correspondents
£235+VAT (Early Bird Rate)
£299+VAT (Full Rate)
Charity/ Not for Profit/ Uni /Individuals Rate
£155+VAT (Early Bird Rate)
£210+VAT (Full Rate)
Our early bird rates increased to the full rate from the end of August.
Members of the ILC-UK Partners Programme received a discount on ticket costs.
We had a number of promotional opportunities available for organisations wishing to be involved in the 2016 Future of Ageing conference:
Full Package – included exclusive sponsorship of the write-up from the conference, a full page advertisement space in the conference programme, company logo on the cover of the conference programme, exhibition space at the conference, free delegate spaces, and more.
Advertisement Package – included a half page advertisement space in the conference programme, exhibition space at the conference and company logo at the front of the conference programme and more.
Bursary places for older and younger lay people – sponsorship covered the travel and attendance of 20 older and younger lay people at the conference, exhibition space, shout outs on the ILC-UK social media platforms and more
Exhibition package – included exhibition space at the conference, promotional materials in delegate packs, two free delegate spaces and more.
We were also happy to work with organisations on bespoke packages. More information is available here,
We were grateful to McCarthy & Stone for their sponsorship of this conference.