Prevention in an ageing world: Global launch
Date: Friday 28 February 2020
Time: 2.30-4.30pm (followed by a networking reception)
Location: Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London
Following a series of global engagement events on Prevention in an ageing world, this event saw the launch of our research findings on the health and productivity burden of preventable diseases in later life and focussed on the need to implement preventative health interventions right across the life course.
The event brought together key global policymakers and thought leaders to share examples of good practice and drive forward an agenda for change within health systems to ensure the benefits that preventative interventions have on economic productivity and health system sustainability are maximised.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Naoko Yamamoto, Assistant Director-General for Universal Health Coverage and Healthier Populations, WHO
- Monika Queisser, Head of the Social Policy Division and Senior Counsellor to the Employment, Labour and Social Directorate to the OECD
- Dr John Beard, previously Director of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- Dr Catherine Duggan, CEO, International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
- Sofiat Akinola, Project Lead, Global Health and Healthcare; Council Manager, Global Future Council on Longevity, World Economic Forum
- Alyaa Mulla, Director, National Programme for Happiness and Wellbeing, Prime Minister’s Office, UAE
- Baroness Sally Greengross OBE, Chief Executive, ILC
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC
Read our report Never too late: Prevention in ageing world by clicking the link.
You can download the slides from the event here.