Virtual report launch – Health equals wealth: The global longevity dividend
Date: Monday 12 October 2020
Time: 1.00pm – 3.00pm BST (8.00am – 10.00am EDT, 8.00pm – 10.00pm SGT)
- Eric D. Hargan, US Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Hon Dr Zweli Mkhize, Minister of Health, South Africa
- Dubravka Suica, Vice-President, Democracy and Demography, European Commission
- Mark Pearson, Deputy Director, Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, OECD
- Gustavo Demarco, Pensions Lead, World Bank
- Sophia Dimitriadis, Research Fellow, ILC
As the world ages, older people are increasingly important consumers, workers, carers and volunteers.
But poor health is a barrier to maximising the longevity dividend.
ILC held the global launch of our flagship “Health equals wealth: Maximising the global longevity dividend” report alongside the G20 Finance Ministers’ and Central Bankers’ meeting, where we shared our new findings on:
- The value of the longevity economy through spending, working, volunteering and caregiving across the G20;
- The role of health in delivering a longevity dividend;
- How global policymakers can unlock a longevity dividend, in the post-COVID recovery and beyond.
Read the full report here.
You can download the slides and see the recording of the virtual launch below.