Advantage GM: Unlocking the longevity economy for Greater Manchester
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Time: 9.30am for 10.00am start – 12.00pm
ILC launched a new report “Advantage GM: Unlocking the longevity economy for Greater Manchester” in Manchester. The report looks at the economic opportunities of ageing in Greater Manchester, and was developed in partnership with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA).
Speakers at the event included:
- Mark Lyons, Senior Managing Director for Global Public Service Business, Accenture
- Helena Zaum, Industry Solutions Manager, Microsoft UK
- George MacGinnis, Healthy Ageing Challenge Director, UK Research and Innovation
- Nicola Palmarini, Director, National Innovation Centre for Ageing
- Kate Jopling, Policy and Strategy Consultant, Jopling Consulting
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC
Greater Manchester (GM) is an international leader in ageing. As the UK’s first age-friendly city region, it is at the forefront of global efforts to adapt to demographic change and population ageing. GM’s new Local Industrial Strategy makes clear its ambition to capitalise on the economic opportunities of ageing and promote healthy and active ageing for all.
This event was hosted by Accenture at their new Manchester offices and discussed the nature of these opportunities and how GM’s innovation infrastructure and other key stakeholders can best respond to them across:
- Retail, culture, hospitality, tourism and sport
- Transport and mobility
- Health and social care
Read the full report “Advantage GM: Unlocking the longevity economy for Greater Manchester” by clicking on the report link.
You can download the slides from the event here.