Advantage GM: Unlocking the longevity economy for Greater Manchester
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Time: 9.30am for 10.00am to 12.00pm
Location: Manchester Technology Centre, 103 Oxford Rd, Manchester M1 7ED
ILC is inviting you to the launch of our new report on the economic opportunities of ageing in Greater Manchester, developed in partnership with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA).
- Mark Lyons, Senior Managing Director for Global Public Service Business, Accenture
- Helena Zaum, Industry Solutions Manager, Microsoft UK
- George MacGinnis, Healthy Ageing Challenge Director, UK Research and Innovation
- Nicola Palmarini, Director, National Innovation Centre for Ageing
- Kate Jopling, Policy and Strategy Consultant, Jopling Consulting
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC
Greater Manchester (GM) is an international leader in ageing. As the UK’s first age-friendly city region, it is at the forefront of global efforts to adapt to demographic change and population ageing. GM’s new Local Industrial Strategy makes clear its ambition to capitalise on the economic opportunities of ageing and promote healthy and active ageing for all.
This event will be hosted by Accenture at their new Manchester offices and will discuss the nature of these opportunities and how GM’s innovation infrastructure and other key stakeholders can best respond to them across:
- Retail, culture, hospitality, tourism and sport
- Transport and mobility
- Health and social care
If you are able to join us for this event, please register using the link below.