An ILC-GA Webinar: A caring world – responding to the impact of the coronavirus on long-term care
Date: Thursday 18 June 2020
While the coronavirus has indiscriminately hit most countries of the world, its impact has been disproportionately felt by the most vulnerable in society, including those receiving long-term care. In Europe alone, it is estimated that up to half of the total number of coronavirus deaths have occurred in long-term care facilities. In order to ensure that our older population is sufficiently protected while still receiving the care they need, will countries have to urgently rethink and adjust how long-term care is provided?
- Rosy Pereyra, M.D., President, ILC Dominican Republic; ILC Global Alliance Co-President
- Mary Ann Tsao, President, ILC Singapore; ILC Global Alliance Co-President
- Prof Ricardo Jauregui, Member of Board of Consultants and Former Executive Director, ILC Argentina
- Prof Julie Byles, President, ILC Australia
- Margaret Gillis, President, ILC Canada
- Dr Iva Holmerová, President, ILC Czech Republic
- Dr Didier Halimi, ILC France
- Baroness Sally Greengross, Chief Executive/President, ILC UK
- Professor Tineke Abma, President, ILC Netherlands
- Sebastiana Kalula, Co-Director, ILC South Africa
ILC Global Alliance speakers discussed: what is being done to adequately protect those providing and receiving long-term care in their countries; how the practical day-to-day needs of older people receiving long-term care are being met; and what is being done to keep those in long-term care facilities connected with their families and friends.
About the ILC Global Alliance
The ILC Global Alliance is a multinational consortium consisting of 16 member organisations with a mission to help societies address longevity and population ageing in positive and productive ways. More information about the ILC Global Alliance and its members can be found on the ILC Global Alliance website. If you are interested in working with the ILC Global Alliance or becoming a member country, please contact Masako Osako at Contact@ilc-alliance.org.
Slides and recording of the webinar are available below: